Procedure for Handling Freight Claims
** No freight claims can be processed without notation of damage or shortage on the bill of lading. **
Claims of damages or shortages at time of delivery:
- Prior to signing the receiving document, make notation of any visible damage or shortage.
- Retain the packing list and a copy of the paper you signed.
- Take a photo of the damage, if possible.
- Call freight carrier for inspection.
- Call the Allwood office to file a freight claim.
To file a claim with us, we will require:
- A copy of the receiving document with your notes about the damage/shortage.
- A copy of the packing list.
- A description of the claim in detail.
Please note that Allwood’s responsibility ceases if the purchaser accepts the shipment without noting any problem on the receiving document.